orange background

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Luxuries in Mom-Life

If you don't have kids yet, you might be taking for granted the little things in your day that will surely disappear once you have children in your home. Here is a list of things for you to enjoy while you can. If you have kids, and can relate, feel free to add anything I missed in the comment section.



Enjoy it while you can list:

Waking up slowly, not jumping out of bed to the sound of a baby crying. Or someone yelling that they just threw up. Or a toddler who came in to show you he has a bloody nose that is now dripping all over the carpet.

Going to the dentist by yourself. I always say it's almost like a spa day for me if I don't have the kids with me. At my last two cleanings our youngest sat on my lap and played with the dental instruments.

Going to the doctor by yourself. My 6 year old son has even been there for ob-gyn appointments, some of which were also conducted with the baby on my lap.

Having an uninterrupted grown up conversation.

Not having to sweep after every meal. I think more food ends up in the dustpan than in anyone's tummy.

Getting to sit down for more than five minutes in a row.

Going to the bathroom by yourself. I think my kids have some kind of sixth sense for when I am in the bathroom, because as soon as I've been in there for 10 seconds, someone comes and finds me.

Cleaning a room that will actually stay clean.

Not having to flush the toilet before you go to the bathroom because someone else forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment